KPOP World

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

KPOP World
KPOP World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Bang’s What’s Up?!: The Pati Pati Magazine, June 2009 Vol. 4

Go down

Big Bang’s What’s Up?!: The Pati Pati Magazine, June 2009 Vol. 4 Empty Big Bang’s What’s Up?!: The Pati Pati Magazine, June 2009 Vol. 4

Post by yongie Tue May 12, 2009 10:55 am

This is Big Bang’s interview with a Japanese magazine called “Pati Pati.” I chose to translate this because I figured this was the most recent YB interview but I kinda liked TOP’s answers and ended up translating the answers of all five members:

Big Bang’s What’s Up?!: The Pati Pati Magazine, June 2009 Vol. 4 99221408

Big Bang’s What’s Up?!
This Month’s Mission: Think About Collaborations!

SOL (YB TaeYang)

1. Artists You Want to Collaborate With:
Ryan Leslie and The Dream – two of the hottest artists today.

2. Collaborations You’ve Done So Far:
I’ve collaborated with a few artists on their albums, and I think I did a collaboration in a true sense with my producer Teddy while I was making my solo album. Together, we could create great music through discussions about what Teddy as a producer thought the artist “Sol” should be like and what I wanted from Teddy the producer when we were making such songs as “Prayer” and “Look Only at Me.”

3. About “Collaboration”:
According to the recent definition of the word, it doesn’t mean simply singing a few verses of somebody else’s song – I think it means working together while sharing honest opinions and sticking to their individual styles. If you can work with a full understanding of what the other likes and wants, you could have tremendous synergy.

Damien Rice, Sam Sparro and Kris Van Assche, the fashion designer. We could share our ideas to make clothes and shoes! Wouldn’t that be great? And just imagining myself doing raps to Damien Rice or Sam Sparro’s singing makes me want to work harder and become a better rapper.

I’ve worked with Um JeongHwa, Gummy and Red Rock.

I don’t think there can be one correct answer in the field of arts (including “entertainment” to which we belong). Culture and arts make progress and grow into different shapes when different genres mix together and affect one another. It could be music, cinema or fine arts. There are many different genres in arts but they share so much in common. I think they complement their shortcomings, amplify their strengths and eventually make progress through sharing and exchanging.

D-Lite (DaeSung)

J. Holiday

I sang on an album by a female artist named Nemo.

This may sound too obvious but I think the best thing about collaborations is that you get different experiences as well as different results. For example, I have released a trot single, which was quite a departure from the usual Big Bang style. In a broader sense, I think you can call it a collaboration because I’ve worked on the song with some trot experts. I talked to them a lot and accommodated their opinions and as a result I could develop my own trot style.

G-Dragon
Justice – I always enjoy listening to their energetic sound and new attempts.

I think I’ve worked together pretty much all YG Family artists. Recently I’ve also worked with Japanese artists like Daishi Dance and w-inds.

When you work with artists from different worlds, different genres, I think you can find new passion in you or get different results. When I worked with Daishi Dance, it was my first collaboration with a non-YG artist and I could find new passion in me and learn different styles. Also many people found the result satisfactory. I hope people will enjoy my collaboration with w-inds also. I also appear in their music video of the song. I hope my collaboration will open up a door for lots more collaborations among young artists of Korea and Japan.

V. I. (SeungRi)

Timbaland – the best producer there is. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to dance to the beats he creates.

None so far.

I think it’s a very good thing. The purpose is to get better results through exchanges, right? I, too, would like to be friends with many people in the music industry through collaborations and make a CD. In short, “I want to do it!!!!”

[Translated by pgeorgie]

[Text source: 그놈@VIPZ; The PatiPati Magazine of Japan]
credits:pgeorgie, bigbang fansite, N & O@JVIPZ
yongie
yongie
Maintenance
Maintenance

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down